Senior Electrical Design Engineer
The Company: PhillipsPage Associates
The Role: Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Hours: 5 days a week (8.30-5.30)
Salary: Up to £85,000.00
Contract Type: Permanent
We are now looking for Senior Electrical Engineer with data centre experience to join our growing London team. The Senior Electrical Engineer will manage the engineering projects and the operational activity of the Electrical team on a day-to-day basis, to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to budget. The successful applicant for the position of Senior Electrical Design Engineer will be electrically biased and have multiple experience working on the design of UPS, generators, and systems at or above 11kV.
The job of the Senior Electrical Design Engineer will involve the following:Produce engineering designs, calculations and specifications, using appropriate technical software
- Prepare technical reports in accordance with clients’ briefs
- Attend and participate in internal and external project meetings
- Correspond with external third parties (e.g. clients, contractors, architects and/or manufacturers) regarding information and technical queries
- Delegate work to Technicians and/or Graduate Engineers as required, and provide feedback on completed work
- Maintain awareness of the performance of projects against agreed project plans and budgets, at a level appropriate to role
The ideal candidate for the role of Senior Electrical Design Engineer will have the following:
- Electrically biased with experience working with UPS, generators and systems at or above 11KV
- Experience working on critical systems projects to include data centre, pharmaceutical, hospital, or other clean room environments – This is non-essential, but preferable
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline – Alternatively relevant industry experience
- Chartership with a relevant institute is preferred but not essential
- Experience attending site and design meetings independently
- Ability to work autonomously without supervision
Relevant Qualifications i.e. Degree in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering. Ideally of chartered status.
Previous experience within a consultancy environment.
Ability to manage and track numerous projects simultaneously.
Ability to maintain a calm demeanour and think clearly in a difficult, stressful or troubling situation.
Excellent communication skills, dealing with other employees and external clients.
Ability to understand/produce detailed technical drawings.
Possess excellent attention to detail, has a confident approach, proactive character and the ability to take the lead in challenging situations.
Well organised individual who has past experience of leading a team.
Confident approach, proactive character and the ability to take the lead in challenging situations.
To Apply: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV or a completed application form and a cover letter highlighting your experience on datacentre projects and the your involvement within the project (please include dates and technical details as appropriate).
Please complete our Equality & Diversity form
Please submit your application form or CV and Cover Letter with your equality & diversity form to email@example.com.