PhillipsPage Associates Ltd (PPA) is a multidisciplinary practice of Consulting Engineers providing a full range of Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health design and offer specialist services such as Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation, electrical network analysis from HV to LV using latest software and offer full REVIT BIM capabilities. Covering many sectors from the leisure industry to Mission Critical Datacentres we are a growing company with a focus on building a strong Mission Critical Design Consultancy with offices currently in Paris, Frankfurt, Dublin and London.
This position: reports to the Director of Engineering at the London HQ. Management of the CFD production process and group; responsible for implementation of the CFD best practices.
- Manage department personnel from onboarding, employee engagement.
- Mentor, train, and guide personnel as required. Develop staff using effective performance reviews and development plans.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Establish standard operating procedures and follow budgets to maintain a practical yet functional department.
- Create internal and external models.
- Carry out CFD simulations with full interrogation of results and reporting with creation of summary reports and presentations.
- Steady state and transient simulation interrogation and reporting.
- Document procedures and best practices.
- Create reports to communicate findings.
- Analyse building physics modelling (experimental & numerical simulation) results.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Engineering.
Education and Work Experience:
- Degree in Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science. Masters or Ph.D. preferential in CFD.
- Demonstrated ability in building services is required, typically with at least 5 years experience.
- Experience with 6sigma software.
- Experience with Data Centre and or mission critical environments.
- Understanding building services systems and design including control systems.
- Understanding and awareness of RIBA Plan of works.
- Experience of on site application and validation of CFD models.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven experience with CFD software.
- Interest and aptitude for numerical algorithms, and their application to CFD calculations.
Equipment and Applications:
- Desired: 6sigma software
- Understanding of and experience with AutoCAD.