PhillipsPage Associates Ltd (PPA) is a multidisciplinary practice of Consulting Engineers providing a full range of Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health design and offer specialist services such as Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation, electrical network analysis from HV to LV using latest software and offer full REVIT BIM capabilities. Covering many sectors from the leisure industry to Mission Critical Datacentres we are a growing company with a focus on building a strong Mission Critical Design Consultancy with offices currently in Paris, Frankfurt, Dublin and London.
This position: reports to the Director of Engineering at the London HQ. Management of the CFD production process and group; responsible for implementation of the CFD best practices.
Overview of role:
Leading staff teams and clients on projects and be encouraged to actively get involved in the business strategy. You will lead multiple projects and run design teams and represent the business at client meetings from an MEP perspective, deliver full scale concept and detailed designs, be able to monitor the delivery of design submissions from senior and intermediate staff,required to meet and face clients during the full lifecycle of projects. Working alongside all engineering team’s and appointed subconsultants to deliver projects.
Chartered Engineer educated to at least degree level, comfortable of working under minimal management.
Education and Work Experience:
- Degree in Physics Engineering
- Demonstrated ability in building services is required, typically with at least 10 years experience.
- Experience with Data Centre and or mission critical environments.
- Understanding building services systems and design including control systems.
- Understanding and awareness of RIBA / LPC Plan of works.
- Experience of on site
- German Language – Minimum intermediate
The role will see the relevant person Liaise with Directors and assist with Fee proposals, resource requirements, staff issues that require Director input.
Prepare high quality information including technical specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules, survey reports.
On a daily basis, provide support and advice to staff, deal with client related issues and provide professional services as required.
You should be able to produce conceptual design, schematics, detailed design and have knowledge/experience working on the full life lifecycle of a project from a consulting-design point of view, managing a small team of junior engineers, representing the business on site and at client meetings, design work and helping to train junior engineers
- Maintain high standards of professionalism at all times.
- Lead small electrical teams and assist associates with the management of larger electrical teams and project delivery
- Maintain high quality project records and information.
- Attend and lead group meetings
- Develop new and repeat business
- Maintain regular contact with clients
- Mentor junior staff.